Sunday, March 20, 2022

Quick Trip to NYC!

     This week was my week off from teaching piano.  Chris is back to traveling full-time--after two years off.  Tatum was supposed to have a game this week on Thursday but it was cancelled.  Chris was headed out to NYC Thursday afternoon to Saturday night and on Wednesday, he came home with the idea of, "Hey!  Come out to New York with me for a quick trip!  I'll take you to a show if you do!"  ("Broadway Show" are the magic words for me:) And since I didn't have to stay for a game, I decided WHY NOT? 

    So we hopped on a plane and headed out to NYC for the weekend--of course a little work was involved but totally worth it!  We had all of Friday to do whatever we wanted so first, we had to go get dumb COVID tested so that we could enter the Lincoln Center the next day (for his company's Orchestra event), then we went out and did awesome things that we had never done before!  We took a tram over to Roosevelt Island and went to see the old abandoned Small Pox Hospital--you know us and our love of creepy old/possibly haunted buildings😂   The weather was absolutely PERFECT today!





The view of the city from Roosevelt Island 

    Then we took a water ferry over to Wall Street where we were able to see Alexander Hamilton's grave.


    We got rush tickets to see "Dear Evan Hansen."  I had only seen the movie before and the play....WAY BETTER!!!  l loved it!  

Here we are in Times Square

    Saturday I helped run the Orchestra Cup event all morning.  Then we headed out for a nice lunch before heading back to the airport to head back home.  So really quick trip but absolutely worth it.  So glad I was able to go spend some time with just Chris & I in the most perfect March NYC weather!  LOVE this man of mine💗💗💗

No comments:

Post a Comment