Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ethan's Baptism


Another whirlwind of a week but what an AWESOME week it was! I was busy all week preparing for a baby shower that I held for my friend, Stacey Johnson. So on Friday, April 9th, I had a baby shower for Stacey who is having a boy next month. The shower ended around 1:15. I had just enough time to clean up from the shower before my parents arrived at 1:55p.m! So it was all good and we had an enjoyable day together. We went to the Deseret Book Store so that Ethan could pick out his new scriptures. He was soo excited for his baptism. He actually turned 8 at the end of February but Chris was not home a single weekend in March and since Dad kinda needs to be there, we had to push his baptism back to April. So he's been waiting for this day for a while!

Saturday morning was JAMMED packed!!! Ethan had to be up at the ball park at 6:45 a.m. for team pictures and then a game at 8 a.m. Right after Ethan's game, we ran over to the other park for Carlie's softball game at 9:30 a.m. Then we ran home and cooked a big lunch for everyone here. THEN...we were off to the church!

I was soo nervous that this would be a small baptism. We don't have a lot of family, and definitely no family in town. So it was a great sacrifice for any of our family to come. But my mom took off a full day of work (not easy for a nurse practioner), my dad missed a big track meet (he's retired but still coaches track at the high school), our good family friend, Lori, came up as well. My sister even managed to make it up here along with her son, my nephew--Cassel, who JUST came home from a mission about 2 weeks before. I was soo touched that April Havey (Primary President) and Susan Barker (2nd counselor in Primary) came as well. Since I'm the 1st counselor in Primary, they most definitely didn't have to come but it was SOO great to have them there supporting my family. I was soo grateful for everyone in that room!

Dad baptized Ethan. The water level was super low and super cold and it took 3 times to get Ethan all the way under!!! But that's okay!!! It got done and it got done right!!! Papa Frank confirmed Ethan. My sister gave one of the talks, and my nephew gave the other. Carlie played the piano and I led the music. Max just had to be involved so he got to say the opening prayer. (Funny side note on Max, poor guy! Because our morning was soo insane and I was trying to remember everything from baseball, softball, dry clothes, programs, etc. Max took it upon himself to get get dressed. So I didn't even notice until we were driving to the Stake Center that he was sporting a red sweater (in 90 degree weather), green flip flops, uncombed hair, and a stuffed animal. Poor 3rd child!!! I felt like Mother-of-the-year for sure!) So we had a fantastic weekend and enjoyed time with all our family in town. We were super sad to see them go!



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ethan! What an important day! I can't believe we are this old Buffie - how can Cassell be home from his mission? Plus you have 2 kids baptized now - crazy! Wish we could have been there - maybe we can be neighbors in heaven. I love you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ethan! I love the story about Max!!

    - carol

    ReplyDelete