Monday, September 27, 2010

Our Budding Business Man!


Ethan...our quite, shy, considerate little guy. He told me this past Wednesday that he was going to do a "Yard Sale" on Saturday. I thought, "Okay...that's like 3 days away, he'll totally forget about it." But he DID NOT. He rounded up several old, unwanted, or broken toys are priced each one. On Saturday morning he was up bright and early making "Yard Sale" signs and carrying down all his loot for the big sale. Again I thought, "Yea...well it's hot outside, he'll just sit on the porch for 10 minutes and be right back in." NOPE! He proudly hung his signs on the nearest lamp posts, set up his little table, and had a little drum to make noise so that people would look his direction. Well....some little girl came by and actually bought a little plastic army guy for $1.00!!! I was ABSOLUTELY MORTIFIED!!! I was SURE that some dad was going to come knocking on my door asking for his daughter's dollar back!!! This only boosted Ethan's self-confidence on the whole yard sale thing! UGHH!!! So, I didn't want to squash his little entrepreneur-ing (pretty sure I just made that word up) heart so I made up a pitcher of lemonade for him to sell for 25 cents a cup. He stayed outside for about another hour. He came back in after making a whole $1.50 off the lemonade--I also told him that if that girl came back that she was to get a FREE glass of lemonade. So, way to go Ethan!!! I am super proud of you for sticking to your plan and following through:)


Of course, he had much more help and support from his brother and sister! Those two won't be left out of ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment