Friday, September 3, 2010

Sheriff Max


My 5 year-old son, Max, says the darndest things sometimes! So I try to write them all down because he just cracks me up!

So this morning--like all mornings--I went to the gym. I leave at 4:45 a.m. I LOVE getting up early and getting to the gym. I do this for 2 reasons #1: I already take a lot of time away from my kids when I teach piano so I don't want to take another hour from them to work out and #2: If I don't exercise first thing in the morning, I won't do it (and the morning workout classes ROCK:) My kids actually think I don't exercise at all because they never see me coming or going. Chris goes like 2 nights a week and they think he exercises ALL the time. They always ask, "Mom, why don't you exercise like Dad?" I always bite my tongue:)

So anyways, as I'm walking back in a little after 6 a.m. Max is downstairs in the kitchen getting a drink (earlier than normal). Here is our conversation:

Max: "MOM! WHY DIDN'T YOU SLEEP IN YOUR BED LAST NIGHT?!?!" (Yeah...he was raising his voice at me:)
Me: "Max, I did sleep in my bed, I just got up early to go to the gym."
Max: "BY YOURSELF?!?! Does Dad know about this?!"
Me: "Yes Max, Dad knows."
Max: "Alright then."

I felt like a teenager getting caught coming in after curfew. Thanks Max for always keeping me straight!

Click here to read another one of my favorite "Maxisms."

2 comments:

  1. I miss hearing Max-isms all the time! Though the 3-years were quite entertaining this week...remind me to tell you about it (won't be nearly as funny if I try to write it)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! Your son is a loud speaker isn't he? LOL. He is so cute in class and I'm sure I will start hearing Max-isms :)

    ReplyDelete