Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Attacked by another "Maxism"

So Max was chosen as "Star Student" this week. We were decorating his poster and I was looking for some older photos of Max that I have filed away in a photo box. Well, we're digging through some old photos when this baby appears:

This is a picture of Chris and I before we were married. Max takes it out and immediately says..."MOOOOOMMMM!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HUGGING BRANDON PARK'S DAD?!?!" I said, "Max, that is not Brandon Park's dad, that is YOUR dad!" To which Max says/shouts, "MY DAD DOESN'T WEAR GLASSES!!! AND WHAT'S THAT ON HIS TEETH?!?!" I said, "Yes Max, you dad DID wear glasses (he wore glasses/contacts for the first couple years of our marriage but then had Lasiks surgery) AND he had braces on when we got married." Max then calms down and asks, "You married someone with glasses AND braces?!?!" "Yes, Max, I did." He then concludes with "Mom.....you married a NERD!!!"

*Just to clarify Danika, Max does NOT think that Kevin is a nerd. It was the combo of the glasses AND braces that put him over the top:) And he was TOTALLY freaked out about his mother possibly liking another guy--I'll wait a few years to show him any of my high school photos of prom/homecoming dates:)

So yes....I married a skinny scrawny returned missionary that had glasses and braces but I KNEW I was suppose to marry that skinny scrawny returned missionary with glasses and braces soo clearly and distinctly that there was NO question in my mind. So we've been married now 12 1/2 years and I have to say that my skinny hubby has turned out to be pretty darn sexy:)

7 comments:

  1. Oh that is SO FUNNY!!!! And really ironic since Kevin just walked in and told me that Gina Kieley ran by him outside church tonight and told him to "tell his wife that Joey was too sick and wouldn't be coming to piano." Kevin said to me, "she must have thought I was Chris Meeker!" :) I was just going to email you about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - have you seen the pictures of Kevin when we were dating & our engagement photo?

    http://danikapark.blogspot.com/2008/01/personal-history-meeting-my-husband-our.html

    He didn't have glasses or braces but he was skinny & scrawny too! I LOVE seeing pictures of when people were younger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin just came in and read this and thought it was HYSTERICAL...though he said he might have to beat up Max! :)
    Kevin's comment: "So I guess that's just another way Chris & I are so much alike!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay....I didn't post this for a couple of days because I was worried about offending you or Kevin!!! But is was TOO hilarious NOT to post! Thanks for laughing with me:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell Max that those of us who knew Chris back in his glasses and braces wooing Buffie days actually never thought he was a nerd and were very happy for our favorite roommate to be marrying a great guy. Plus I owe you for never laughing that I married Rob the backpack wearing/only wore shorts for a year boy. Amazing what love will make you overlook.......
    Also Rob pulled out a random comment the other day where he actually remembered that your bridesmaid's dresses were periwinkle and banana yellow - how does he remember that??? He was on his mission! It made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe it happened to both of you in a short time! How funny! I think guys have all the luck. Most wedding pics that I see on blogs the guys look goofy and scrawny and they always look LOTS better older. Why is that? Why do guys look better older, and girls look tired and worn out?

    ReplyDelete