Thursday, January 24, 2013

Max is 8!!!

Well once again Max chose to have a smaller party at a cooler venue this year:)  He invited his very best friend, Michael, to come enjoy a day at Golfland Sunsplash in Mesa!!!  Max's actual birthday landed on Martin Luther King day this year so--NO SCHOOL!!!  Of course according to Max, there was NO school because it was HIS birthday.  He may be sorely disappointed next year:)

At Golfland the kids got to golf, play a round of Laser Tag, ride the go-carts, and the bumper boats!!!  (Carlie had a friend join us because we are part of a carpool for theater and it was easier to just have her join us than to drive back to our neighborhood to get her afterwards--WHY not?!)

The Birthday Gang

Michael & Max



After spending a day with Michael, I totally understand why he and Max are best friends.  These boys both have the most VIVID imaginations!  They thoughts and ideas they come up with....HILARIOUS!

Oh yeah...we all got our butts kicked by some 9 year old boy!!!

Carlie & Lois

After Golfland we came home for pizza, cupcakes, and presents!!!

The traditional Birthday Crown!!!

Max got what he asked for:)
 



Max has been asking for a "DSLR" camera for months now.  I have NO idea what that ACTUALLY means so I probably messed up the initials.  Chris and I have noticed that this boy CONSTANTLY has a movie going on in his head!  Anywhere we are--just walking in the store he'll be making sound effects like explosions or gunshots, making funny faces and movements, etc...all to himself.  He and his brother have been making stop-motion videos for the past several months--they have like 60 videos on my Youtube account.  For Christmas, Max received some animation software and a green screen so we topped off his obsession--YES...OBSESSION--with his own camera (mostly so he'll STOP using mine:)  I love that he loves making movies.  This is definitely something I want to encourage.  So whatever it takes, I will help him along this path:)  So now, all I know is that Max has a WAY better camera than me so I may start borrowing his:)  Just love this little guy!  Happy Birthday Maxwell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment