Sunday, February 24, 2013

Masquerade Ball

For the past 4 years Actor's Youth Theatre hosts a "Masquerade Ball."  This is a fundraiser for the company and this is the first year that Carlie and I were able to go!  This is a full on formal/mask-wearing event so we HAD to go dress shopping and shopping is ALWAYS better with a friend:
Carlie & Savvy with matching shirts AND dresses:)

The night of the event--Friday, March 23rd--Carlie's group performed first with a couple of numbers from their upcoming show (this NEXT WEEK AHHHH!):
Afterwards Carlie was able to change into her fancy stuff:)  SOOO MUCH FUN!  Carlie just had the best time singing and dancing with all her friends.  I had the best time hanging out with other parents just getting to know everyone better--great group all around.  

There was so much going on at the ball--silent auctions, tons of performances, including a FLASH MOB!!!  Carlie is in this mass somewhere:)


LOTS and LOTS of dancing:)
Eric (the CUTEST little guy) & Carlie

Carlie & Savvy in their matching dresses:)

Petyon & Carlie

Me:  "Hey guys!  Let me get a picture of you two."  SERIOUSLY Kale?!

Carlie & Kale (a.k.a. Prince Eric)
Me:  "Seriously Kale, just look NORMAL okay?!"  This is what I get...BOYS!!!  UGH!  As long as he doesn't do this in the show next week:)


The party ended around 10 pm and we were pretty much exhausted!  But I did win a "Little Mermaid" snow globe!!!  WOO HOO!  How appropriate!  My lucky night for sure:)

1 comment:

  1. Taylor just finished his school's performance of Little Mermaid and as we were watching, I was actually thinking about how much I wish I could see Carlie perform as Ariel. Good luck this next week - so proud of your kids!!

    ReplyDelete