Sunday, February 17, 2013

Maxwell's Baptism

Whew!  WHIRLWIND of a weekend here!  But we made it through it and most importantly...my little Max was baptized!!!

The kids had rehearsal ALL day on Saturday.  So we had to take them to rehearsals, pull them out of rehearsals, go to the baptism, rush Carlie back to rehearsals when Max's confirmation was done, then rush the boys back to rehearsals when the baptism was over!!!  Whew!

Max was baptized along with 2 other boys in our ward:  Jake C. and Brigham B.  One of the other moms had the BEST idea of taking a picture of all three of the boys for the cover of the program!  LOVED IT!!!  So this is the picture of the SUPER handsome boys that when on the cover:
Max, Jake, & Brigham--Baptized Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013

Now this day was mostly about Max BUT I just have to brag on my other son for a moment.  He was the pianist for the baptism and he ROCKED IT!  He played "When I Am Baptized" (from the Children's Songbook) for the opening song and then "Choose the Right" (from the Hymn book) for the closing number.  Piano is something that does not come easy for my Ethan and he worked his butt off on these pieces.  Hours and hours spent with me listening, correcting, conducting while he played, etc...  I honestly don't know HOW this boy put up with me for this past month but I was SOOOO dang proud of him!  I was seriously HOLDING back my tears during the closing hymn because he was soo AMAZING, perfectly prepared, and NOT nervous in the least bit!!!  Honestly, in my huge piano studio of 50+ kids I can count on ONE hand how many 10/11 year-old boys that can play from the hymn book.  And I applaud these boys.  They have accomplished something truly amazing!  Every mormon mom's dream:)

Just LOVE this boy!!!

The man of the hour:)

The SUPER handsome boys again in their whites:)

Dad & Max:)

Of course my girls were there too:)
It was a TERRIFIC day!  We are soooo proud of our Maxwell!  Days like these just make me so grateful to be a mom and to know the joy of having children and raising them in the gospel.







No comments:

Post a Comment