Monday, February 18, 2013

My Secret Goal/Obsession:)

Growing up, my house was always the "hang-out" house.  We ALWAYS had people over, eating, staying the night (or two/three/or four:), or just hanging out.  I LOVED it.  I guess being one of the very few mormon families in town, we had the most food--which seems to be a huge draw to teenagers:)  My goal is to have a home with a "revolving" front door always open to any of my kid's friends--NO knocking required:)  This may prove to be an expensive hobby of mine but I don't care!!!  If they want to "hang out" it might as well be here:)

Well, Carlie is not quite a "teenager" yet but she has this fantastic group of friends and they just want to be together ALL the time.  So, anxious to start "establishing" my goal, I let Carlie have her first boy/girl party today at our home--President's Day/No School/No Piano.  Perfect:)

These are her very best friends.  They have all been in multiple shows together and are all currently in "The Little Mermaid."  They live mostly in Mesa but they all made the trek down to our neck of the woods--the SOUTH SIDE!  I mostly stayed out of the way BUT I HAD to take a few pics:


And YES!!!  These CRAZY kids went swimming in February!  And guess what?!  It was COLD!!!  The boys didn't jump in only because I had no extra clothes for them--note to self...make sure to ALWAYS tell guests to bring a swimsuit:)

Carlie and her very best friend Kayleah W.

Carlie, Thommy, Kayleah, Mitchell, Lois, Kale, Savvy, & Tayte

We had a SUPER yummy dinner of Cafe Rio Barbacoa before heading out to rehearsals--after being together for almost 4 hours, they would go on to be together for ANOTHER 4 hours at tonight's rehearsal:)
If you feed them....they will come:)
And like ALL parties at the Meeker house, they end up at the piano:)  Lots of LOUD but beautiful singing:)

 

And truth be told...I just ADORE Carlie's best friend Kayleah!  These girls make an AMAZING singing duo--they actually sang together in Kayleah's ward a few weeks ago.  As SOON as I heard them singing this song I ran out to record it!!!  So I didn't quite get the whole thing--another time.  I could listen to these girls sing ALL day!


So not my most relaxing day off ever but it sure was FUN!  No one was hurt and I was able to get them all back "north" to rehearsals--with help from Lois' mom who lives on the "South-side" with us:)  


No comments:

Post a Comment