Sunday, June 29, 2014

Ethan's 1st AP Camp!

Ethan went to his first Aaronic Priesthood "AP" Camp this year!  He was gone from June 2nd thru June 6th.  Life has sure been a lot busier for this guy since he turned 12.  I have to admit that I was a little worried because the camp was 5 1/2 hours away, Ethan had never been away from home for that long, AND Chris left the same morning for 12 days to France for his big Normandy event.  So with LOTS of prayers and LOTS of trust, I sent my son off for a whole week!

We sure missed him while he was gone.  We all definitely felt the void in our home this week.  Ethan is most definitely my peace-keeper in the family so there was lots of more fights this week.  I missed his sweet sense of humor.  Max took his absence the hardest as Ethan is his best friend.  I was SUPER excited to pick him up on Saturday afternoon!!!  And Ethan was SUPER excited to tell us all about the things he did at camp!  First on his list…REPELLING!!!  This was a HUGE accomplishment for him as he turned down an opportunity to repel a few weeks earlier at a birthday party he went to.  Bro. Germaine from our ward was in charge of this event and truth be told, he kinda had to "carefully drop" Ethan over the cliff:)  I'm sure glad he did because this helped Ethan overcome the fear of repelling and he can't wait to try it again!  He also couldn't wait to Skype his dad later that day to tell him too!

So since I wasn't there, I didn't get a whole lot of detail and I scrounged a few pictures of him off other people who were there.  So here's my guy at AP camp!!!
Chase & Ethan

Here's the proof!

Add caption



No comments:

Post a Comment