Sunday, June 29, 2014

Ethan's First Temple Visit:)

We took our dear sweet Ethan to the Gilbert Temple this month for his first time doing baptisms.  Carlie, Ethan, and I met up with Chris at the Temple late one afternoon.  I had asked Ethan to get dressed in church clothes to go.  I apparently was a little too trusting of Ethan and didn't glance over his clothing choice before we left.  He didn't want to wear a belt so he just put his church pants over the swishy athletic pants he was already wearing and he didn't grab a tie:)  So I notice as we are walking into the Temple that the athletic pants are hanging out the top and bottom of his church pants…GREAT:)  And he has NO tie…FANTASTIC:)  But he's so sweet so how can I be mad?  And all the temple workers just knew that this was his first time to the temple and they were all sooooo sweet coming over and welcoming him and hugging him.  We even met the actual Temple President who also came over and introduced himself to Ethan and hugged him.  The whole time I was just praying that they would not notice the athletic pants:)  I will just be more aware of his temple clothing choice in the future.

The baptisms were amazing as we did our own family names.  Ethan thought it was SUPER cool because on his dad's side of the family, one of the names of the ancestor was "Merlin."  And on my side of the family we have "Snapes."  So Ethan is now convinced that we are a wizard family:)

WHY I did not think to take a picture of Ethan's outfit, I'll never know!  UGH!  Just such a funny memory that I wanted to write it down:)

No comments:

Post a Comment