Tuesday, August 20, 2019

LA Reel Camp

I'm the first to admit that I have NO idea what I'm doing in this whole acting world.  I can't tell you how many hours I've spent reading/researching/talking to professionals on this.  I'm doing the best I know how and hope to help my son realize his dream.

I would honestly chose anything else for my boy--and if I find that it is IMpossible to raise a normal/healthy/happy kid in Hollywood, then I will quickly walk away from it all.  But this kid HAS talent.  It's undeniable and I've been told it over and over again so I gotta chase this dream with him.

We've been in contact with a Casting Director--Bill H.--in New York since his IMTA event in January.  We came home from that event thinking all our hard work was done.  Nope. It was just beginning.  We learned that Max needed more "real" screen time--more TV acting and less music theatre since TV acting is his ultimate goal.  So we needed a better Demo Reel to send to agents.  Coming to this camp in LA would give him "real" on-screen time AND a professionally made Demo Reel--which is impossible to do with our music theatre tapes.  So off we went.

Chris and I decided to split up this week between the two of us so that I could see Ethan and Tatum off to their first day of school and then neither of us would miss an entire week of work.  We also decided that if Max had to miss an entire week of school, the very first week is the best one.  So Chris and Max headed out Saturday night to check into the camp Sunday afternoon.  I was then going to fly out to LA Wednesday night while Chris flew back home to Phoenix.  I drove to the airport, took plenty of clear pictures of where I parked my car, and then jumped on the plane.  I found Max at the Burbank Airport no problem.  He was then "supposed" to take me to where Chris had parked the truck.  So when I found him, I asked, "Where's the truck?"  He looked at me shocked and asked, "Didn't Dad send you pics???  I can't remember!" I was seriously ready to loose it--"Seriously Max!!!  YOU HAD ONE JOB!!!"  Well, joke was on me.  Chris decided to stay the whole week with us--and boy was I SOOO glad he did.  I probably would have killed us driving in LA!!!

Chris and Max hiked to the Hollywood sign:





Here's our boy hard at work:  (Oh!  And we got to be "extras" in the restaurant scenes which was a BLAST!)

Workshop with Paul Weber

Max & Paul Weber






The parents had fun too:) . This is my new BFF from Kentucky--Debbie W.  She had the heaviest southern accent and was just so darn fun to be around:) . The studio we filmed at had several different room set up--we had fun in the jail part.




There was a "classroom" scene set up and LOOK who's name was on the board for detention!!!  (We honestly didn't write it!  It was already there:)

LONGEST DAY:  14 hours of shooting:




Last Day:  We had a free morning so we headed over to Santa Monica Pier and even rented those cool Lime Scooters.




We also had a couple meetings with LA Agents--both extremely interested in Max.  We met with one of the agents--Robin Nasiff AT HER HOUSE!!!  It was a HUGE mansion up in the hills.  We assumed that we were headed for a business building and were quite shocked when we pulled up to this seriously fancy neighborhood.  Robin really liked him--we still have one more audition to go with the Abrams Agency before we make any final decisions--BOTH agencies CRAZY good so we are REALLY excited to move forward with either of them.  We should know in the next couple of months.  Right now, I'm doing all the "mom-ager" stuff of getting child work permits in California, New York, and Massachusetts, and setting up his Coogan account--the not fun stuff but very necessary to move forward.  My to do list right now:
1-Work Permits
2-Coogan Account
3-Getting him prepared with a local acting coach here in Phoenix for his audition for a pilot this fall in Boston, MA.

So, moving forward with this acting stuff.  Still taking it day by day and seeing where it leads us.  Max is crazy talented and we have received confirmation after confirmation on this so forward we go!  Let's do this:)

Last Day Luncheon
Max & Kaz:  Look out for these 2 this fall--fingers crossed the Pilot gets picked up by a network!



He'll play piano for all his actor friends
but NOT his mom:)
































No comments:

Post a Comment