Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Maxwell!!!

What could be more fun than a Halloween birthday party in January--nothing of course:) So this is our 2nd annual January Halloween/Birthday party for Max (and yes...I'm thinking there may be a 3rd, 4th 5th, etc...) But it was a blast!!! We only invited boys this year--the girls that came last year seemed a little disturbed. The boys had the best time just being together and doing their own thing despite all my fun/planned activities!

Here's the Birthday Boy! (In the traditional (and kinda ugly) Birthday crown:)


We had a few friends of Carlie and Ethan come over to help run all the little stations. This is Maya Koehnemann. She ran the body parts station where the kids had to figure out--without looking--what they were touching. Eyeballs (olives), guts (spaghetti noodles), a bone (rawhide dog treat), brains (gelatin), and fingers (vienna sausages). Boys totally dig this gross stuff:)



Carlie and Catlin Brecker (who are suppose to be "Ying and Yang")ran the Mummy Wrap. Here are some of their masterpieces:




Ethan and Brandon Park ran the Mad-Ball T-Ball (Sorry guys!!! I forgot to snap a picture of you two:(


I ran the "Pin the face on Frankenstein" station. Not many people know this but Chris is actually a FABULOUS artist so he whipped up this Frankenstein for this:) (I'm going to save it and use it for Primary singing time in October:)


This is what Frankenstein looked like after the kids put his face back on:


THE CAKE!!! I have done all my kids cakes in the past but Chris was super excited about this one so I let him run with it and decorate himself. I thought his did a SUPERB job! The cake turned out AMAZING! My hubby is a ROCKSTAR:)



Okay...this was MOST exciting to the boys. Ethan trapped a bee under a cup. They pretty much talked about this the REST of the time and now Ethan is some kind of known as "The Great Bee Hunter:)"


We had such a fantastic time!!! Can't believe my little Max is 6 years old!!! Love this little guy tons and tons! Happy Birthday Maxwell:)

1 comment:

  1. My boys had a blast! Wow - I can't believe you got a picture of Tyler actually standing still - that's impressive and nearly impossible to capture! :)

    ReplyDelete