Sunday, June 5, 2011

Max Graduates & Chris is Star-Struck!

Yea for Maxwell!!! I can't believe this year is OVER!!! And Max has been an AMAZING student getting straight "E"s on his last report card! He only missed 2 days of school this entire year--and that was because of our Disneyland trip:) Such a smart and healthy boy!!! What more could a mom want?!?! Max, we are SOO proud of you!!!


Every month this year I have helped out in each of my kid's classrooms--just 1 time in each classroom (BIG commitment when there are 3 kids!!!) So I was very aware of all of the kids in Max's classroom and have worked with each one of them this year. Well...there was this one little girl with the last name "Urlacher." I remember hearing her name and thinking, "Hmmm...I've heard that name before." But then I never thought any more about it. So I'm sitting there with my hubby and kids at the Kindergarten graduation when my husband says, "Oh my gosh! That is BRIAN URLACHER straight across from us!!!' I said, "Oh! That must be Riley's dad in Max's class. Who is Brian Urlacher anyways?" My astounded husband says "WHAT?!?! He plays professional football for the Chicago Bears AND he's from New Mexico!!! Why didn't you tell me that his kid was in our kid's class?!"
ME: "I honestly didn't know. So go shake his hand!"
CHRIS: "NO WAY!!! I'm not going to bug him!"
ME: "Chris! If I can approach an American Gladiator at an airport for a picture, then you can shake Brian Urlacher's hand!!!"

Well, he wouldn't do it and while we were sitting there Chris about flips out again when he sees Junior Spivey--a former professional baseball player who played for the Arizona Diamondbacks--having to take out a younger son who was NOT enjoying being at the graduation. "WHAT kind of school is THIS?!?!" asks Chris again. "Well, MAYBE you should take my spot and volunteer more:)" I say. After the ceremony, we went to Max's classroom to watch the class video. Chris still didn't approach Brian BUT he stood RIGHT next to him in the crowded room. Way to go Chris!!! (You did look a little small compared to Brian:) Here is a pic of Brian Urlacher:


Here is Junior Spivey:


Side note: Carlie had Sophie Graham this year in her 5th grade class and her dad is Ben Graham who is the current kicker for the Arizona Cardinals. Here's a pic of Ben Graham:


Sorry babe...I need to learn my sports facts! Max's teacher was "Mrs. Lombardi" so for all I know, she's related to Vince Lombardi:)

1 comment:

  1. I showed this to Kevin and now he wants to transfer our kids to CTA Independence! :)

    ReplyDelete