Sunday, June 5, 2011

My Sweet Ethan!

This boy just MELTS my heart! He is my most thoughtful kid hands-down and just LOVE that about him. Well, my mother-in-law has breast cancer again for the second time this year. The first time they caught it soo early (stage one) that they were able to just do a lumpectomy and then she underwent radiation. She JUST finished up her radiation in January but now has found another tumor in her other breast that was not there 6 months ago. It is larger and further along and a totally different type of cancer. So she will be going through the FULL cancer treatment this time of a double mastectomy AND chemo AND radiation.

So I was talking with my kids one night just preparing them for what to expect here at the end of this month (Donna goes into surgery on June 22). I explained that she would be very tired, sore, sick, and would most likely loose all of her hair. Well we of course are all very concerned about Donna and have been praying extra hard for her. Ethan has thought about it a lot. I was driving him to a birthday party last week when he said, "Mom, I've been thinking about when Grandma goes, you know....
B-A-L-D. (Apparently he doesn't want to SAY the word:) And I've been thinking about ALL of my grandmas (he has 3) without hair and well....I think Grandma Donna is going to look the BEST without hair. I would really like to make her breakfast in bed when she comes to stay with us after her surgery. Do you think she will like that?" "Of course" I say (doing my best NOT to cry:) This boy melts my heart like none other. Love you Ethan!!!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Donna has breast cancer! We'll add her to our prayer list. My mom had ovarian cancer so (unfortunately) we know the drill!

    ReplyDelete