Wednesday, January 11, 2012

And she does it AGAIN:)


Okay! So another mommy brag moment for me:) Sorry! But where else am I suppose to shout out my excitement???

We just found out on Sunday night that Carlie was cast in an "Actor's Youth Theater" production--Aladdin Jr. WOO-HOO!!! She gets to be a harem girl/assistant to Jasmine:) This is "Aladdin Jr." so all the actors in this play will be ages 8-13.

As this has been our first year involved in music theater, it has been a MAJOR learning year for me. She has performed in 3 community theaters--Queen Creek, Phoenix, and Gilbert--all extremely competitive and notable. Carlie was determined to take this a step further by auditioning for an actual theater company (a step above community theater). This girl is taking YEARS off my life with all this stress she's causing me:)

Actor's Youth Theater (AYT) is the award-winning top theater of the east valley and we knew this going into the audition. We just wanted to get our foot in the door somewhere if possible. Once again, there were over 200 kids trying out for 20 spots and I sat there as she went into this closed-door/COLD audition. COLD meant that she had NO idea what to expect and there was nothing I could do to prepare her. She once again had to dance (apparently the choreography is INTENSE), read lines, and then sing "A Whole New World." This was on Friday night. The results were to be posted on Sunday by 9 pm. I was checking my email ALL day. Well finally, my phone started blinking about 8:45 pm, I grabbed my phone, opened the email and read the most beautiful words..."Welcome to the cast of Aladdin." LOTS of shouts and laughter going on here:)

We have an intense 8 weeks ahead of us. There will be 8 performances the last week of March--3 performances on one day when they will do 2 school matinee shows (Yes! Carlie will have to miss school for a day:) and then an evening performance! One of the best parts of this show is that Carlie will get to be with 2 of her best theater friends--Savvy and Kayleah. Savvy landed the role of Jasmine!!! We are SOOO excited for her. She has an AMAZING resume and is completely deserving of this part. Congrats to Savvy and Carlie!!!! I am soo proud of both of you!!!

1 comment: