Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sledding!!!

We headed out to New Mexico for a quick visit this past Thursday-Saturday. We of course enjoy visiting with family but NM got a TON of snow this year so we headed over for some serious sledding!!! We didn't have to travel far--just to Silver City--and snow was everywhere!!! My dad borrowed a four-wheeler from a good family friend and that made sledding 100 TIMES more fun!!! Holy cow!!! It has been YEARS since I've done any serious four-wheeling and boy have I missed it!!! That is my one complaint about living in the city. Growing up I would walk out in to my front yard, jump on my four-wheeler and be gone for hours! I have been riding since I was Tatum's age (not kidding...I don't know WHY my parents allowed me to do this or HOW I survived childhood:) Chris (city boy) has never really been four-wheeling but he had SOO much fun! He said, "We've GOT to get one of these!!!" I've been telling him this for years!!! So Santa...if you're reading this...you know what the Meekers want next year:)


There were 7 of us--me, Chris, 4 kids, and my dad. Chris would drive the 4-wheeler, my dad and I sat on the back rack to keep an eye on the kids and we tied 2 inter tubes onto the 4-wheeler with rope and put 2 kids on each tube. WAY TOO MUCH fun!!!






We of course did some "traditional" sledding as well:)



My little "Snow Angel"


The kids made a snowman last year so they made an igloo this year:




We had a FANTASTIC time. It was the best play day coupled with the best New Mexican food--Blake's Lottaburger for lunch and Si SeƱor for dinner:) Best snow coupled with the BEST green chili! Does it get any better than that?!

1 comment:

  1. You used to be my friend.....but first Hawaii with out me and now sledding in MY HOMETOWN???? Buffie, that's just plain mean. We went all the way to NY and didn't have any snow. Something doesn't seem right here. Glad you guys had a great time and I'm most jealous of your yummy New Mexican food. I miss green chili. It must be time for me to come and visit again.

    ReplyDelete