Friday, May 11, 2018

Baby Milo

So I heard of a sick pup on FaceBook who had been taken from him mother way too early and was very sick because of it.  It's called "failure to thrive" or "fading puppy syndrome."  I had to pull 4 kittens out of this last summer so I thought I could handle it.  My intentions were to nurse him back to health and then let Lost Our Home have him to adopt him out.

Well, this poor little guy was SOOO sick when I picked him up on Monday morning.  Tuesday, not a good day at all.  He slept most the day and was not interested in eating at all, and worst of all, there was blood in his stool.  So I continued to try and syringe feed him every 2-3 hours overnight with very little success.  Wednesday morning, got up very early and headed to the shelter with him.  I was hoping that we could humanely euthanize him there at the shelter.  But Vanessa, who works at the shelter, really wanted to push some fluids into him and change up some meds and give him one more try.  And boy am I glad we did just that!  He seriously went from hopeless to near perfect health within 4 hours.  IT WAS AMAZING!!!  Brought me to tears!

We're now at Friday of this same week and Milo is going strong!  He has a big appetite and should be up to weight in a couple of weeks.  Seriously the sickest little pup I've ever taken on but then the biggest satisfaction too.  I'm completely sleep-deprived, my house is messier than I like it, and I only made it to the gym once this week, but the pup is healthy and THAT'S what most important to me:)

My Piano Teaching Buddy!!!

In other doggie news, this was Rocco's biggest challenge of the day...getting his Teddy Bear out the doggie door!  Even though I was holding the back door wide open for him, he just HAD to get the bear out HIS door!  Ugh!  First World Spoiled Doggie Problems:)



No comments:

Post a Comment