Friday, May 11, 2018

Prom/All-State/EVERYTHING Week!!!

I swear some weeks are just like this.  And it seems that every time a week like this happens, Chris is out of town:)

So this week in April we had a bazillion things:
1-Carlie left for All-State in Tucson
2-Carlie and Ethan had prom
3-Tatum had 2 softball games
4-And oh yeah...did I mention Chris was out of town???

But with lots of prayers and planning, it all came together.  My boys pitched in and helped coach at Tatum's softball games while I made 2 back-and-forth trips to Tucson to #1-make sure all the All-State kids didn't miss their Senior Prom and #2-see the amazing All-State Choir concert.

Carlie really went out on top this year musically.  In the North East AZ Region she was the #1 Oboist AND the #1 Alto. She chose to participate in the orchestra--guaranteed solos when your 1st chair oboe--and she was of course AWESOME!

For All-State, she was 2nd Chair Oboe and #4 Alto (in the ENTIRE State of AZ).  She was the only instrumentalist from her school to make All-State and so we encouraged her to participate in the choir--that's where all her friends were and she had already locked in her oboe scholarships for college.  So she did choir and had a BLAST.

All-State was at the U of A in Tucson this year the same weekend as Heritage Prom.  So not being able to participate in the whole day date thing, Carlie chose to go to prom with a couple of friends instead of a group date.  So I drove down on Friday night to pick up the All-State kids to bring them back to get ready for Prom at my house.  I had pizza ordered for them so they could quickly change and enjoy a good portion of the dance.  I then drove back on Saturday to enjoy the All-State choir performance.


Carlie & Lois

Carlie & Tayte
Life long friends

Carlie, Tayte, & Lois



This picture was taken specifically to bug Max.
Mission Accomplished.
"Too much touching" for Max

YEESSS  LOIS!!!

Rocco has to be in the middle of everything!
At the dance:
This was a picture I requested!  I wanted all the AYT kids in a group.  These are some of my most favorite kids in the whole world!  I have sure LOVED watching them all grow up together these past 8 years.

Kayleah, Mitchell, Carlie, Tayte, Lois, & Rhett




Ethan's Prom:
Ethan asked a cute girl named KT to prom.  Boy was she excited!  I got to watch ALL of her prom preparations on Instagram--the dress shopping, nails, hair, make-up, etc...So fun.  Ethan made a cute little stop-motion video asking her to prom:


She answered with a snow cone from Bahama Bucks which he had to eat the entire snow cone to see her answer written in the bottom of the cup.  "YES!" 

Moms of boys aren't really supposed to go take pictures but I would have if I wasn't driving to and from Tucson so I really appreciate these pictures I was able to "steal" from KT's instagram because Ethan sure didn't take any with his phone:)
KT & Ethan
Masquerade Themed Prom







Funny prom story:  So Ethan's date is very outgoing and direct--which was kinda why I encouraged him to ask her because he's sooo shy and might not talk much on a date.  While at the dance, KT told Ethan that he had to hold her hand all night because they were on a date...so he did!!!  Carlie was FREAKING OUT!!!  She was having a hard time watching her little bro walking around holding a girl's hand!  HILARIOUS RIGHT?!  In all fairness, Tayte did try to hold Carlie's hand but she was not having it because it wasn't really a one-on-one date:)  

I had asked Ethan to be home by mid-night but you see the size of his group???  Only 2 of the boys actually had their driving licenses AND a car so they had to drive everyone home!!!  So my poor Ethan didn't make it home until 1 am.  And I'm happy to report that KT didn't make him kiss her too--because I was actually a little worried about that:)

So we made it through yet another crazy week.  Not the first time and I know it's not the last:)































No comments:

Post a Comment